13 Sep The brand new launch of the GPP-3060 / GPP-6030 triple channel programmable DC power supply
GW Instek, a professional T&M instrument manufacturer, announced the launch of the brand new GPP-3060 and GPP-6030 triple channel linear programmable DC power supplies on September 13, 2021 to augment the GPP series with these extended models. As computers and network communication products entering the era of high-efficiency computing, and automobiles entering the new era of electrification, the demand for products with higher currents and higher voltages is increasing day by day.
GPP-3060 and GPP-6030 provide a maximum output power of 385W and reach the range of 120V/3A, 60V/6A or 30V/12A after the channels are connected in series and parallel. The series will provide scientific research and experimental testing, battery charging and discharging testing, electronic component measurement, and 3C electronic product measurement with the power measurement advantage of “charging and discharging at will, two birds with one stone”.
GPP-3060/6030 has four major product advantages:
- CH1/CH2 can be power supply or electronic load. A single unit of the GPP series can simultaneously have one channel as the power output, and the other channel as the load function to consume the power of the DUT, which satisfies a single power supply for simple basic battery charging and discharging or load characteristic tests. The electronic load supports CC (current), CV (voltage), and CR (resistance) load functions. Engineers do not need to use an additional electronic load for discharge testing. The dual-purpose function of one power supply can save space and cost.
- Pure, fast and high resolution. GPP-3060 and GPP-6030 inherit the high program resolution (1mV/0.1mA) and read back resolution (0.1mV/0.1mA) of the GPP series with low-ripple noise characteristics ≦1mVrms/≦2mArms and ≦100µs output transient recovery ability, which is the best choice for battery charging and discharging simulation test. At the same time, the series can also meet detailed measurement requirements for audio amplifier circuits, earphones, speakers and other acoustic testing that rely on pure power input.
- Thoughtful time-saving design, series and parallel automatic tracking/automatic wiring. Dual-channel applications include series, parallel, and provide positive/negative voltage. Through the automatic tracking function (Tracking), it can automatically switch to series or parallel output without additional external wiring, which not only saves wiring time, but also provides stable voltage/current outputs.
- Provide intensive measurement protections. The GPP series utilized hardware circuits to implement the OVP/OCP/OTP mechanism. Compared with competitors who use software to achieve protections, the series has the advantage of faster response time. When the voltage of the DUT is detected to exceed the OVP setting value, the output of the power supply can be stopped in a very short period of time to achieve the purpose of protecting the DUT.
Cooper Liu, product manager of GW Instek’s signal source R&D department, indicated the electronic load function provided by the GPP series and the use of internal circuits to directly switch between series and parallel outputs are all to solve the subtle needs of engineers in power measurement. The series will bring a brand new power measurement experience for engineers in the growing automotive electronics and semiconductor testing fields.
New GPP-3060/6030, 3-Channel Programmable DC Power Supply introduction
- 4.3”TFT LCD Display
- Setting resolution: 1mV / 0.1mA; read back resolution: 0.1mV / 0.1mA
- Low ripple noise: ≦1mVrms/ ≦2mArms
- Transient response time: ≦100µS
- Load function (CC, CV, CR mode)
- Tracking series and parallel function without additional external wiring
- Utilizing hardware to realize over voltage protection / over current protection / over temperature protection
- Delay function / output monitoring function / output recorder function
- Supports setting value, measurement value and output waveform display
- Sequential output function and built-in 8 template waveforms
- The output recorder function records the output voltage & current parameters with a minimum recording interval of 1 second.
- Provides 10 sets of memory for each sequence/delay/recorder/panel setting condition
- GPP-3060/6030 supports a USB (Type A) output terminal
- Intelligent temperature control fan effectively reduces noise
- Standard: RS-232, USB, LAN, Ext I/O ; Optional(manufacturer installed only): GPIB